Nordic Internet Club Cup 2020
April 9th – 13th 2020
What else to do?
The Icelandic Chess Federation is organizing an unofficial Nordic Internet Club Cup 2020 in a co-operation with the other Nordic federations and Chess.com.
Every Nordic clubs can participate.
All time are CET.
- Round 1 – Thursday, April 9th at 13:00
- Round 2 – Friday, April 10th at 13:00
- Round 3 – Friday, April 10th at 16:00
- Round 4 – Saturday, April 11th 13:00
- Round 5 – Saturday, April 11th at 16:30
- Round 6 – Sunday, April 12th at 13:00
- Round 7 – Monday, April 13th at 13:00
No later than April 6th. If less than 20 teams have registered to organizer have the right to cancel the tournament.
Registration form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1P3VXHceP9uwcHBYe85xwIqIl_KR87djtDs6jVViM0rE/
Seven double rounds
Six players from every club in every match.
- Players need to be registered members of their clubs according to their federations’ rules.
- Clubs can send combined teams if the average ratings are under 2200.
- In every round at least 50% players in every teams needs to be from the Nordic countries.
- Every club can send more than one team but every player can only play with one team.
How to register
- Register a team at chess.com for your club. All players of your team need to be a member of that group.
- Please register your club at the registration form with all relevant information. Every team can register a maximum of 12 players and a minimum of 6 players. They need to be added to this form (link) no later than on April 6th.
It´s free – no fee!
Top three teams will be given a trophy and medal
European team pairings system as well as European tie-breaks for teams.
- IO Gunnar Bjornsson – Tournament Director
- IA Omar Salama – Chief Arbiter / Pairing Officer
- Tómas Veigar Sigurðarson – Website / Technical matters