Nordic Internet Club Cup 2020
April 9th – 13th 2020
What else to do?
The Icelandic Chess Federation is organizing an unofficial Nordic Internet Club Cup 2020 in a co-operation with the other Nordic federations and Chess.com.
Every Nordic clubs can participate.
All time are CET.
- Round 1 – Thursday, April 9th at 13:00
- Round 2 – Friday, April 10th at 13:00
- Round 3 – Friday, April 10th at 16:00
- Round 4 – Saturday, April 11th 13:00
- Round 5 – Saturday, April 11th at 16:30
- Round 6 – Sunday, April 12th at 13:00
- Round 7 – Monday, April 13th at 13:00
No later than April 6th. If less than 20 teams have registered to organizer have the right to cancel the tournament.
Seven double rounds
Six players from every club in every match.
- Players need to be registered members of their clubs according to their federations’ rules.
- Clubs can send combined teams if the average ratings are under 2200.
- In every round at least 50% players in every teams needs to be from the Nordic countries.
- Every club can send more than one team but every player can only play with one team.
How to register
- Register a team at chess.com for your club. All players of your team need to be a member of that group.
- Please register your club at the registration form with all relevant information. Every team can register a maximum of 12 players and a minimum of 6 players. They need to be added to this form (link) no later than on April 6th.
It´s free – no fee!
Top three teams will be given a trophy and medal
European team pairings system as well as European tie-breaks for teams.
- IO Gunnar Bjornsson – Tournament Director
- IA Omar Salama – Chief Arbiter / Pairing Officer
- Tómas Veigar Sigurðarson – Website / Technical matters